Friday, June 24, 2016

My first Day is Approaching!!

Growing up the first day back to school always gave me butterflies. When I got to college my first day of school nerves got a little better. Once I decided to become a teacher I assumed my first day fears would transform from butterflies to pterodactyl. Maybe a pterodactyl is a bit dramatic but I am going to be a middle school teacher so I am sure to have some wild ones. But instead I wait with an air of expectancy. I have been preparing for my first day on the other side of the desk with excitement. I cannot wait to see all the new faces that will pour into my classroom. Part of my game plan is to go over my expectations, classroom procedures, and end class with a fun ice breaker. How they should enter and leave the classroom, where homework goes, and the importance of having school supplies. Then end with an awesome quote that not one will remember from my favorite 1994 TV series, “Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy”. YES, The Magic School Bus. All in all I just don’t want to be that teacher with the laundry list of point-less activities. You only get one first day of school per year so it is up to me to take advantage of it. LETS ROCK AND ROLL Fall 2016.   

No comments:

Post a Comment