Wednesday, June 15, 2016

- Setting up my classroom

When thinking of my classroom and how it will look I have any ideas. I want a pop of color, some inspiration, and motivation to jump out. More than anything I do not want my room to look like the other hundreds of classrooms that my students that been in. Everyone teaching using a PowerPoint with matching classrooms is what makes learning so boring. I believe if no two people are alike no two teachers should be alike. Laura Randazzo’s “Seating chart = Flow chart” take on classroom seating charts are amazing. The layout divides the classroom down the middle and has the students facing each other. I like that this gives me more room to walk around during lecture. Also I am more available to reach more students. In the same way this layout help correct behavior issues by gaining access to more then just the front row. I do see more of a flow in this layout verses the traditional layouts.  





For reuse from Google Images

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you're in a room where the chairs and tables aren't bolted to the floors!

    ReplyDelete